Ruff House Dog Park Rules
- Hours of operation - 7:30am - Dark.
- Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries or damages caused by them.
- Dog feces must be cleaned up by owners. Plastic bags are usually provided by the Friends of Ruff House. Put all feces and bags containing feces in the trash cans provided in the staging area.
- All dogs must be on-leash until inside the fenced area.
- Dog owners must carry a leash at all times, closely supervise their dogs and at no time my the owner exit the fenced area without their dog(s).
- Gates must be kept closed except when entering or exiting.
- Owners must have proof of current license and rabies vaccination.
- Dogs must be under voice control at all times.
- Owners must fill any holes their dog digs.
- Remove pinch, spike and choke collars prior to entering the fenced area.
- No children under 10 years of age allowed; older children must be under strict adult supervision.
- The following are not allowed in the fenced area:
Dogs in heat
Dogs that are ill or injured
Puppies under 4 months of age
Animals other than dogs
Alcoholic beverages, food or glass
Dog treats and rawhide chews
Bicycles or any motorized devices (except wheelchairs)
- All vehicles must be parked in paved parking lot across from dog park. Vehicles not parked in paved parking lot will be towed at Owner's expense.
*The word Owner applies to the adult person accompanying the dog(s).
For Information - call Parks and Recreation 804-748-1623
For Animal Control - call 804-751-1251 (Police Dispatch)